Rare Double Gas Pumps
Two Gas Pumps In One.
We can create a double version of any gas pump for extra space to accommodate various custom features. These special pumps are custom-designed to the fit the customer’s specifications. No one else besides Retro Gas Pumps has a replica of a double. Contact us for more information.
All of the aluminum parts used on our pumps are cast using the original pump parts as patterns.
These parts are all manufactured at an aluminum foundry in the USA.
The body panels are made of precolored .040 sheet aluminum, the same material used to make gas station awnings.
We shear, bend & cut all the holes in house to produce each pump.
Gas Pump Faces
The faces, both the clock face and calculator type, are printed on high quality vinyl.
An aluminum tray is created to which we apply the face.
We put real clock hands and screws in place along with a simulated sight glass which is seated in a rubber grommet.
This assembly mounts on the face frame with an acrylic lens.
- The top, base, pump handles & visible cylinder end caps are primed and professionally painted. See our Color Chart.
- The face frame and globe ring can be painted or polished to a bright finish depending on the customer’s wishes.
- The hose/nozzle fixtures are left in their original cast color just like on the original pumps.
Gas Pump Lighting
- On the visible pumps, the globe on top lights up. On the regular pumps, the face plate lights up as well as the globe on top.
- One or two 40 watt max bulbs are used. An inline switch is installed into the 110 volt power cord.
- While these pumps are used mostly indoors, they can be built for outdoor use for an additional minimal wiring fee.
These pumps are typically set along a wall and only have one face. As an option, a second globe face & sign can be installed.
Sign & Globe
The display glass in the globe at the top of the pump can be ordered with the logo of your choice. Or, we can use your logo to customize the globe. The back glass is frost allowing to highlight your logo.
Gas Pump Sign
The sign on the front of the pump can be a porcelain reproduction, or a detailed decal. Once again, your logo can be used to customize the sign.
Pump Size & Weight
- A typical face type pump with 60” tall side panels is 84” from the floor to the top of the globe. The side panels can be cut shorter if ceiling height is a problem.
- The visible pump uses the same side panels and stands 112” to the top of the globe. No problem to shorten this one either.
Weight on a face pump is approximately 50 lbs. While the visible weighs approximately 65 lbs.
The maximum width at the base is 18” and the body is about 14” excluding any signs or the hose mounted on the sides.
Depth is the same.
Shipping & Handling
Most of our pumps are shipped by common carrier to your location or they can be picked up in Maryville TN (outside of Knoxville).
A pump ships in 2 boxes with the pump base weighing 75 lbs and the top weighing 25 lbs.
The visible top pump is larger and weighs 60 lbs.
All pumps are shipped assembled. We do not charge for packing, and in most cases the cost to ship a pump to most locations in the lower 48 states is less than $175.00.
Remember a residential delivery will cost more and someone will need to be home to receive the pump.
Please call or email for an exact shipping cost or any other questions.
Custom built Double Pumps, beer tap pumps & specialty pumps – While they have many of the same specifications, there are many other factors involved that effect the shipping costs.
Please Contact Us for an exact cost.